Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Where was I?

I've been working out, but recording it on the blog has been way more challenging than I ever dreamed!  I think maybe once a week will suffice for a recap, unless I do something spectacular or take a bunch of fun pictures.  Since I don't normally lean toward the spectacular, and I'm pretty lame at picture taking, I'm not getting my hopes up!

Monday 4/1
This was an unexpected rest day.  I never would have dreamed that the gym at the Tropicana would be closed at 8pm.  I avoided all heavy food and WINE at happy hour just so I could go back to the hotel and get a workout in.  You can imagine how bummed I was after getting all geared up for a treadmill workout, walking across the darn casino in workout gear, then having to turn around without any sweat!  Oh well, Mondays are a great rest day - probably my first choice.

Tuesday 4/2
Coach Amie came up with a CrossFit style workout for this day.  AMRAP - 3 burpee, 6 v-up, 9 lunge - 6 minutes.  I completed 5 rounds and almost died.  It's amazing how much exercise really happens in that 6 minutes!

Wednesday 4/3
Treadmill intervals!  I did a warm up walk for 5 minutes, then alternated jogging at 5.5-6 mph for 2.5 minutes and walking at 3.5 mph for 2.5 minutes.  I finished it off with a 5 minute cool down walk.  Sweat - y! This was the first real running workout in my crazy pink shoes, and they were really good.  I was worried that they might be too tight, but they were tight in all the right places.  I had a feeling I loved the Brooks Pure Cadence.  I was right!

My pretties!

I am extra proud of myself for getting this workout done, cause I wedged it in between a conference call in the hotel room and checkout time.  Go me!

Thursday 4/4
Dan is working through P90X and he asked me to do yoga Thursday with him.  I LOVE this yoga workout, it is seriously the best video I've ever come across.  But an hour and a half does NOT fit in with my plan of taking it slow.  Not to mention that every time I've done this video in the past my hammies have ended up shredded.  I did exactly 30 minutes of the workout and then snuggled with Suki.  Perfection!  Enough to feel it, not enough to suffer.

Friday 4/5
Coach Amie was at it again.  She's a tough taskmaster!  3 Rounds for time - 4 lateral jump, 8 one arm thrusters, 12 kettlebell swings.  I used a 10# dumbbell, and finished in 2:20.  Short and sweet!

More exciting - this dinner.  Dan made steak and mushrooms, I roasted potatoes and threw together a Greek salad with the most amaze-balls dressing.  Not a food blogger, but it sure was tasty!  And kinda pretty with the always amazing La Crema pinot noir.

Friday's dinner.  Yummo!


Saturday 4/6
On Saturday it was time to face the music and get back out on my neighborhood sidewalks.  I am trying to be super careful so that I don't re-injure my shin.  I am keeping it to jogging 2 miles maximum until I get to a better level of fitness.  With that said, it felt good to be back out there!  My new pink shoes were amazing!  No numb toes, no sore shins at all.  I walked/ jogged every other block, and my 2 mile time was 27:44.


3.18 km
00:27:44
?style=mapnik&color=%23ff0000&width=186&height=78&path=%7dhkfejipoqb%3fnsadmae%7bbhebpb_albsahb_cvayb%7casafbaafc%5blcgxbdpaivaftcifcdxbdxb%3f%7cb%3f%60djxbctacfbviaa%40ocdub%3fgb%3fiaboac_bcqcbic%3fgb%40ob%3fiba%7da%3fcdegcb%40oab%40sadakajbgbzb_ajaiax%40oab%40%7d%40v%40ajbevb%3ffb%5bd%40&weigth=3
Windy!


Sunday 4/7
To finish out the week, Dan, Suki and I went on a leisurely 2 mile walk in our neighborhood.  I had the urge to really work, but decided to hold back and just move.  It was a nice day, and I love spending time with my little family.

Whew!  That's a good looking week!  I think I'll keep going!

xo
R

No comments:

Post a Comment